Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Life

Yesterday was a pretty hard day for me. ..Monte's car broke down, I found out that an old friend of mine passed away, and then that my Aunt has ovarian cancer that has spread to other organs. This whole summer has actually been kind of a nightmare for my extended family. Anyway, after I cried on and off about my friend, was numb about my Aunt, and was really stressed about the thought of trying to afford to get Monte's car fixed, or buy a newer one, I took a deep breathe. At that moment I realized that I could either choose to be in a foul, stressed out mood and make Monte in a foul, stressed out mood too- or I could calm down and look at the big picture. So, I opened up The Book Of Mormon to a few random pages and read a verse or two on each page. Then Monte gave me a hug, and I gave him a kiss, and I decided that I wasn't going to let myself worry about it. Things will happen that we will have no control over, we just have to deal with it with the most grace and dignity that we can muster.
I feel so blessed to be a member of the Church and know of "The Big Picture." I feel blessed to know of the Plan of Salvation. What a comfort that is. I feel blessed to know that the Lord will always look out for me, and bless me, if I am living worthily.
Times are going to be hard for everyone. We can either choose to keep our heads up with optimism, courage, and happiness, or trudge along and make ourselves and everyone around us miserable. I choose to be happy!

1 comment:

Lani said...

Thanks, Hayley! I really needed this today.