Friday, September 19, 2008

I have a testimony that the hymns found in the Hymn book are inspired and can serve as sacred scripture, bearing a message from our Heavenly Father. I recognized a feeling and thought I had not to long ago. It was to enjoy the moments right now as this was the calm before the storm. The storm started and has yet to pass but the hymn "Where Can I Turn for Peace?" has filled my spirit with a sure knowledge that Heavenly Father has not forgotten my family and will be by our side while we press on through this storm. I want to share the words of this song as they have had a impact on me.

Where can I turn for peace? Where is my solace? When other sources cease to make me whole? When with a wounded heart, anger or malice, I draw myself apart, searching my soul?

Where, when my aching grows, where, when I languish, Where, in my need to know, where can I run? Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish? Who, who can understand? He, only One.

He answers privately, Reaches my reaching. In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend. Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching. Constant he is and kind, Love with-out end.

I testify that He does answer privately, He is our Friend, and is love is with out end. At my loneliest times I know he holds me up.

3 comments:

Fig said...

That's my favorite hymn, and your words about the calm before the storm are inspiring (if a little nerve-wracking - can be a scary thought). Thanks for sharing!

Lani said...

Jackie Lee, I needed this so much. Thank you!

AMY said...

Well put, thanks for sharing...