Thursday, August 14, 2008

Peace in a not so peaceful world

We have a friend who has been going through a hard time right now. We invited him over for dinner and had the missionaries over as well. We had a really great Gospel discussion and it was so wonderful to see the peace come over him as so many questions and concerns that he has had were answered. When he left our house the change in his mood was very evident. His face had been filled with despair when he came over that night. As he left, he had a mood of hopefulness and contentment. I am so grateful to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life so that I can have this peace with me always as long as I am living worthily of it. I don't have to deal with the trials that beset me on my own. I know that I have a Father in Heaven who loves me and is guiding me and strengthening me through the hard times.

1 comment:

Lani said...

So uplifting. Thank you for sharing, Beth!